Saturday, May 12, 2012

Morgan's Mom :)

Pin It
Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised.
 Proverbs 31:30 




A few years ago I would have said that I want to be just like my mom only for her benefit. I didn’t really want to be just like her. I thought she was too spiritual, too busy, and too unfair. I would tell her exactly what she wanted to hear to get her off my back. When 
you’re twelve…life is hard.


But now…now that I am fifteen (almost sixteen) I could truly say that I would want to be just like her. I watch her interact with people, and I see how loving and caring she is. She has always been that way with me, but I’m so used to it. She genuinely cares about what you have to say. She listens and gives advice with her whole heart (Hence, the fact that she is a counselor!) 

Angie & Morgan
Recently, my family just went to New York. I love vacation with my family, but sometimes it can be a bit stressful with all of us together – and only us – for so long. And I have realized just over a short period of time that my mother sacrifices a lot to make everything perfect for us. She may give up the window seat for my sister or let us have the last few sips of her water even if she was absolutely parched. It is just all the little things that build up. I’ve never really noticed before how truly selfless she is.I have a lot to thank my mother for. I know that I can go to her about anything – even though I don’t. And even though I tease her endlessly about counseling, she always gives me good advice. Sometimes, I don’t believe that her methods will work but then I remember that she was once a teenager and probably went through some of the same things that I do. More often times than not, my mother is correct. (Yes, Mom, let the record stand that I did just say that you were right.)

I simply cannot imagine my life without my mom. Actually yes I can. It’s called no clean clothes, Ramen noodles every night, and a starving dog. I’m very lucky…no, blessed…to have someone that is actually there for me. We always hear about the druggie, alcoholic, or nonexistent mothers. Honestly, if my mother were like that, I would be very screwed up. My mom has kept me grounded through a lot of the rough parts in my life where I need someone to lean on. 

I find myself at a loss for words at this point. There is so much to say, but I don’t know how to put it into words. All I can say is that my mother is probably the one person that I will always look up to and hold on a pedestal. For Mother’s Day, I wish that I could buy her anything that she has ever wanted to repay her for everything that she has done for me and how she has changed me. 

So yes, Mom, I do love you even if I don’t always act like it. I know you say that you don’t want me to ever grown up……But if I don’t grow up, how can I be just like you?


Morgan




Thank You Morgan!! 
We will be posting any letter or post submitted throughout the month of May! Email your submission to honor your Mother to;
lightforawomanspath@gmail.com

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY ANGIE!!!!

No comments: